Thursday, September 6, 2007

Darth Vader Vs the Duck

Welcome to my dream diary. This is just a collection of weird dreams I’ve had and things to do with dreams and sleep. Let’s start of with one of the clearest and oldest dream in my memory.

This is one of the weirdest reoccurring dreams that I’ve ever had. The first time I had this dream was probably when I was 7-8 years old and that dream lasted a couple of nights in a row. Then after a 10 year hiatus, I dreamt the same dream again.

Here’s how it goes:

When the dream starts, I don’t actually feel like I am in the dream but I am seeing (from behind) Darth Vader addressing his large company of Storm Troopers, kind of like one of those scenes where Hitler is giving a speech to his army. He is up high on a stage and you can see scores of Storm Troopers below. I don’t remember what was being said but it gave me the creeps.

Then out of nowhere, a duck walks across the stage, stops when his path is blocked by Darth Vader. The duck looks up and says to Darth Vader and says “Excuse me”. Darth Vader then looks at the duck and says “I’m sorry” and moves aside to let the duck pass. I don’t know why but at this point I’m usually scared stiff and awaken suddenly with my pulse racing and cold sweat pouring down my face. I know there is nothing scary about this dream. I just can’t explain it. Any students of Freud care to have a go?

No comments: